CAVE TUBING ADVENTURE AND UNDERGROUND CAVES IN A BOAT
A high adrenalin adventure in the jungle that is perfect for the whole family. We have fun on an inflated tube as we slide down the river through a fascinating series of underground caves in search of incredible rock formations and, who knows, ... the odd mysterious presence.
What we will see
- Jaguar Paw Jungle Camp
- Cave tubing, Caves Branch River
- Underground caves, stalactites, stalagmites, Mayan rituals
- Bush Camp Café, refreshment stop
What we will do
- We leave by coach from the port and we very quickly go through Belize city to proceed in the direction of the hinterland of the country, going through small villages and picturesque country roads until we reach Jaguar Paw Jungle Camp. Here we meet our local instructor who provides us with some safety information and the equipment we need for the excursion. We proceed on foot to Caves Branch River and hop on to our inflated tube. We let the current take us down the river which is flanked by tamarind trees up to the entrance to a network of underground caves. In the midst of *stalactites and stalagmites we can admire some marvellous natural rock formations that are associated with ancient rituals of the Maya , who considered these caves to be a holy site inhabited by the gods.
- At the end of our adventure we are off to Bush Camp Café where we can restore our energies with a snack and a cold drink.
What you need to know
- Lockers and water shoes can be rented on site (rental is not included in the price of the excursion).
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information will be provided in English.
- Given the large number of excursions and vehicles, we cannot guarantee that a member of the ship’s crew will be available to assist you in your language.
- There will be a 15-20 minute boat transfer from where the ship is anchored to the pier in Belize City from where the vehicles depart.
- Don't forget to bring your bathing costume, a towel, sunglasses, sun cream and insect repellent.
- We recommend you put your swimming costume on underneath your clothing before leaving the ship.
- The excursion is reserved for those in good health and is prohibited to disabled guests or those suffering from heart, back and leg problems.
- This excursion involves approximately 35minutes of walking in the jungle.
- Helmets, lighting devices and life jackets must be worn.
- Minimum age: 8 years.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum weight: 120 kg.
- Minimum height: 121 cm.
- We recommend bringing cash with you to make any purchases because not all stores accept credit cards.
- This excursion is not refundable. For further information, please see the general terms and conditions at the Excursions Office.