EVOCATIVE CRUISE ALONG THE BELIZE RIVER
A thrilling cruise along the Belize river to discover a truly unique ecosystem - crocodiles, manatees, iguanas, birds and dolphins as well as the lush exotic greenery providing the background to this universe of sounds and colours.
What we will see
- Cruise along the Belize river
- Crocodiles, manatees and iguanas, colourful birds and dolphins
- Medicinal plants, tropical trees and exotic animals, mangroves
What we will do
- We leave the port and head on a short cruise along the Belize river passing by Belize City.
- Our guide will point out the animals we might spot on the way: crocodiles, manatees and iguanas, numerous species of colourful birds and, at times, a few playful dolphins looking for food.
- The captain, after illustrating the local flora and fauna, gets us as close as possible with great skill to give us a better view so we can take a few pictures.
- The natural scenery that appears before our eyes is splendid and the guide will also explain the medicinal properties of a few plants which were also used by the Mayans who exploited these forests for centuries. The guide also describes some species of tropical trees and exotic animals living along the river banks. There are also giant mangroves which constitute a large part of Belizean vegetation.
- On our way back, the crew will offer us a rum punch or a fruity soft drink while we listen to typical Caribbean music.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- Guests must be able to move and get on and off the boat autonomously.