EXPERIENCE- DISCOVERING THE ISLAND OF DOMINICA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Drink included
An unmissable tour to discover the island of Dominica and its unspoilt nature made up of gardens, tropical forests, fruit tree plantations and countless waterfalls in a whirlwind of colours, sounds and unique landscapes.
What we will see
- Morne Bruce and panoramic view of the capital
- Botanical gardens: exotic flowers and tropical plants, “Sisserou” and “Jaco” parrots
- Layou Valley: banana, coffee and cocoa plantations
- Canefield Estate
- Emerald Pool falls: walking, swimming and photos
- Springfield Guest House: view of the mountains
What we will do
- We start our tour by visiting the historic gardens of Morne Bruce and taking some pictures from the viewpoint at 120 metres asl offering amazing views over the entire city of Roseau and the Botanical Gardens.
- We then head to the Botanical Gardens for a visit. In 1979, the destructive force of hurricane David reduced the forty acres of the garden to a cemetery of branches. The Gardens have since been restored and are now home to huge trees, exotic flowers and tropical plants as well as to many species of rare birds on the brink of extinction such as the “Sisserou” and “Jaco” parrots, national symbols of Dominica.
- From Pond Casse, the tour continues towards Layour Valley where we have the opportunity of seeing banana, coffee and cocoa plantations, papaya and avocado trees and other produce.
- We then reach Canefield Estate, location of one of the island’s two airports, and take the old and winding Imperial Road through the fern-covered hills.
- We finally arrive at the Emerald Pool waterfalls where we can go for a short walk, take a dip in the natural pool and snap a few photos. These waterfalls are one of the island’s gems as well as one of the strong points in this excursion.
- The 12-metre waterfall feeds the Emerald Pool, a natural pool surrounded by majestic trees reflecting into the water creating its characteristic green hue. Along the way, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we have the chance to enjoy the true essence of the island of Dominica.
- The tour continues at the Springfield Guest House at the centre of the island, where spectacular mountain views and luxuriant rainforest vegetation await us.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 5 years.