ANTIGUA BY JEEP AND SWIMMING IN THE CARIBBEAN SEA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Entertainment, Drink included
We fasten our seatbelts: this panoramic jeep tour will take us to discover the most remote and beautiful parts of Antigua and ends with a dip in the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.
What we will see
- Panoramic jeep tour
- Fig Tree Drive
- Wallings Dam
- Dip in the ocean
What we will do
- Our excursion takes us to discover the most enchanting parts of the Island of Antigua, which are off-limits for tourist coaches. A panoramic jeep tour is probably the best way to visit these places, that can be easily reached in our Land Rovers with Bobcat seats and seatbelts, in addition to padded roll bars.
- We set off from the port in a convoy for an off-road adventure during which we explore the southern and western parts of the island, stopping to admire some of the most beautiful places.
- We drive along Fig Tree Drive, a narrow winding road that is 8 km long and takes us through the Antigua rainforest twisting between banana trees ('fig' is the Antiguan word for banana) coconut palms and large old mango trees.
- We stop close to the historical Wallings Dam, originally built in the 19th century where we are reinvigorated by delicious refreshments.
- Afterwards, we cross the rainforest and head for the southern coast, where we can relax on the beach and take a dip in the sea. The fine sand and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea are the aspects that distinguish this enchanting coastline.
- The return journey to the port offers an additional opportunity to admire the spectacular landscape and the beautiful Antiguan villages. Beautiful scenery stretches as far as the eye can see and it will be etched in our memories.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You need to be able to swim and be physically fit for this excursion.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with heart, neck or back problems and pregnant women.
- Minimum age: 4 years.
- The beach is a public beach; there are no loungers or parasols.