HIKING IN THE TROPICAL FOREST
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
A wonderful refreshing and reinvigorating walk in Martinique's tropical forest, to discover the multicoloured flowers that are typical of this fantastic Caribbean island.
What we will see
- Fontaine Didier
- Absalon Village
- Tropical forest with different plant species
- Absalon Cascade
What we will do
- We leave the port of Fort de France, the administrative capital of Martinique, behind us and proceed by minivan to*Fontaine Didier*, the starting point of our walk.
- We walk towards the village of Absalon embraced by an aura of peace in the*tropical forest, where we have the opportunity to listen to the birds singing and admire **the different species of plants*, including mahogany, ferns, balisier flowers and other tropical flowers.
- During the excursion we are overwhelmed by the luscious vegetation and the small cascades located close to Absalon, where our excursion ends and where we can have a little rest near a small stream.
- At the end of the excursion, our minivan takes us back to the port.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- The excursion is challenging and includes long stretches on foot for a total time of approximately 2 hours, so participants must be in good physical shape.
- You must wear long or short trousers and closed shoes.
- Participants may get dirty during the excursion, we do not therefore recommend that you wear white and/or new items of clothing.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Martinique.