CAYMAN FLAVOURS AND TRADITIONS IN A TASTING TOUR
The aromas and flavours of a place reveal its character. On this tour we have the opportunity to taste the produce of the only brewery on the island and the Seven Fathoms rum distillery. This excursion is a tasting itinerary.
What we will see
- Grand Cayman Brewery
- Rum Cake Factory
- Seven Fathoms Rum Distillery
What we will do
- Join us for a tour full of the landscapes and flavours of the beautiful island of Grand Cayman!
- We board our coach and head for the Cayman Islands Brewery to see how the only local beer on the island (Caybrew) is produced and bottled. The company, founded in 2007, has built an avant-garde factory, which boasts completely automated brewery storage facilities and bottling lines. The result is a world class product that is inextricably linked to the typical aromas of the Cayman Islands.
- Here we can see the entire preparation process right up to the moment until we can finally taste the beer.
- Back on our coach we go through the centre of Georgetown to reach the Rum Cake Factory.
- On our way we have the opportunity to see various points of interest in the capital, including Fort George, the Legislative Assembly Building, Heroes Square, the Peace Memorial and some of the many banks for which Grand Cayman is famous.
- At the Rum Cake Factory we can taste the famous Grand Cayman rum cake that was created in 1987, based on a secret family recipe that had been handed down from generation to generation, incorporating an exclusive distillation of the much appreciated Gold Rum.
- Then it is time to visit the Seven Fathoms Rum Distillery to observe close up the various production phases in Grand Cayman's first and only rum distillery. During the guided tour of the 1500 sq m building, we can view the 4500 litre copper still, the original Christian Carl still that remains in use today to distil the Seven Fathoms Rum to perfection and we watch a video about the history of rum and Grand Cayman culture.
- And of course we shall also have the opportunity to taste the fantastic Seven Fathoms Rum in the tasting room.
- After the rum tasting session we have some free time to enjoy the spectacular view of the sea, have lunch in a restaurant (not included) or take advantage of the opportunity to indulge in one of the various aquatic sports available at the location.
- To return to the ship we will take a short walk back to the pier in the city centre.
What you need to know
- The vehicle driver provides the excursion guide in English.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Alcoholic beverages will only be sold to adult guests.