TREK ON THE LIAMUIGA VOLCANO
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Packed lunch
A unique unforgettable excursion to the top of a dormant tropical volcano with a trek through the thick forest to regenerate mind and spirit: perfect for adventure seekers!
What we will see
- Mount Liamuiga and crater, thick forest, wild flowers, creepers.
- Crater base
What we will do
- We start by coach and, after crossing Basseterre, capital of the island of St. Kitts, drive along a winding country road which takes us to the foothills of Mount Liamuiga, a dormant volcano that is 1156 high with sugar cane plantations and wide pastures on the slopes.
- We start our climb through a thick forest with tall trees, marvellous wild flowers and creepers. The path can be very steep crossed by tree roots and a few narrow outcrops.
- We reach a height of 900 metres and are rewarded for this difficult adventure: we can photograph the crater base 200 metres below as well as panoramic views of the many islands nearby visible on clear days, followed by a well-deserved packed lunch.
- We then get ready to head back to our coach with a descent that will definitely be shorter but just as enchanting.
What you need to know
- Italian speaking guides are not available.
- This excursion will be conducted in English.
- This excursion requires a certain level of physical fitness.
- It can get cold and humid near the top, so we recommend bringing a light jacket and wearing comfortable shoes that guarantee the right grip.
- Water and packed lunch included in the price of the excursion.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum height: 150 cm.