COAST TO COAST SAFARI IN GRAND TURK
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
An unforgettable day to explore Grand Turk from north to south and from east to west in charming insular style, in an open, off-road, truck type of vehicle.
What we will see
- Duke Street
- Front Street
- Little Bluff
- North Creek
- Gibbs Cay
- Friendship Capsule
What we will do
- We board our open 22-24 seater off-road vehicle at the Grand Turk Cruise Centre and we start our island exploration accompanied by a local guide who provides a running commentary on the island, and of course the driver of the vehicle.
- We explore the southern part of the island and the old salinas up to the West Coast where we drive along the two most famous roads that are mostly used by locals and tourists: Duke Street and Front Street. These two road arteries are famous because of the Bermuda style buildings and the churches.
- Subsequently we head north of Little Bluff and North Creek for a short pleasant walk on the beach where, with a bit of luck, we can find the odd conch, the famous local seashells.
- There is another stop at the northernmost point of the island to see the small historic lighthouse.
- Our adventure continues in the eastern direction with breathtaking views of the coast and of Gibbs Cay.
- The last stop is at the salinas, a historic heritage and source of wealth for Grand Turk which has long been economically supported by the salt trade.
- Returning south towards the port we have the opportunity to see the Friendship Capsule, a replica of the original space capsule that splashed down off Grand Turk in 1962.
What you need to know
- The vehicle driver provides the excursion guide in English. As it is an open air vehicle and, although the guide uses a microphone and loudspeaker, hearing the commentary may at times be difficult.
- This is not a seaside tour, however we recommend you put your swimming costume on under clothing in case you wish to take a dip when we briefly stop on the beach.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility or back problems.
- Minimum age: 6 years.