EXPLORING GRAND TURK BY SEGWAY
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Personal Segways offer a unique way to explore Grand Turk that is fun, enabling us to explore the island in total comfort and ensuring that we do not miss anything of interest on this marvellous island.
What we will see
- Duke Street
- Front Street
- Grand Turk beach
- Salt pond
What we will do
- A short journey brings us to the point of departure of this excursion, where we will be assigned our personal Segway, an alternative and fun means of transport for exploring Grand Turk. Once our instructor has given us instructions on how to use our Segways we can start our exploration.
- As we go through the small centre of Grand Turk we come across the picturesque Duke Street and Front Street, which are famous for their Bermuda style buildings and old churches. Thanks to our Segways we can venture into some of the narrowest streets of the city centre which would be impossible to drive through by coach, enabling us to come closer to the heart and culture of the people of Grand Turk.
- This is also an unmissable opportunity to roam by Segway all over the beautiful Grand Turk beach' with its fascinating turquoise waters and white sand.
- During our tour, our escort provides a commentary on the rich history of the island at a number of planned stops.
- There is a fascinating stop at the Salt ponds, where the guide fills us in on the history of the salinas, a source of wealth for Grand Turk which has long been economically supported by the salt trade.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. Segway information will be provided by the staff in English.
- The Segway is able to hold a maximum weight of 105 kg.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- This is not a seaside tour, however we recommend you put your swimming costume on under clothing and wear comfortable shoes and bring your sun cream.
- The visit to the beach is subject to weather conditions.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to take part in this excursion.