FISHING IN THE WATERS OFF GRAND TURK
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
This is an excursion for fishing enthusiasts, and all those who will enjoy exploring the rich waters of Grand Turk in this fishing excursion.
What we will see
- Fishing for local fish
- Panoramic views of the Grand Turk coast
What we will do
- We board an 8 metre fishing boat at the Grand Turk Cruise Centre and, after a short orienteering course, we prepare our tackle to fish for the local species such as Yellowfin Tuna, Atlantic Spanish Mackerel, Wahoo and Atlantic Blue Marlin.
- With our expert captain we venture out to sea where in addition to fishing we can enjoy the panoramic view of the Grand Turk coast, which is most famous for the splashdown of the Friendship 7 space capsule in 1962. As we concentrate on our fishing we cannot help falling under the spell of the turquoise sea and the splendid views that unfold before us.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. The boat crew will provide information in English.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems and those who suffer from sea sickness.
- Drinks, rods and reels, bait and license are provided.
- You may get wet during the tour, we therefore recommend you bring a jacket, hat and sunglasses.
- We cannot guarantee that it will be possible to fish for the above quoted species and it is not possible to bring the fish captured on the excursion back on-board.