ON THE CREST OF THE WAVE AT THE FLOWRIDER IN GRAND TURK
Experience the thrill of bodyboarding and kneeboarding, in a safe environment that is also fun and exciting with the FlowRider® at the Grand Turk Cruise Center: guaranteed fun even for those who have never tried it before!
What we will see
- Grand Turk Cruise Center
What we will do
- From the ship we go to the Grand Turk Cruise Center to experience the FlowRider®, to learn how to ride the waves on a bodyboard or a kneeboard. We start with a safety briefing, a lesson and a demonstration by an instructor before the real fun begins.
- During each session, which lasts thirty minutes, a thin sheet of water is pumped at high speed on to the surface of a cushioned platform in the shape of a wave, with 10-15 guests taking it in turns several times on the simulator.
- And those who are confident about their own skills can invite friends and family to watch their performance on the FlowRider®.
- You will be awarded a complimentary Participation Certificate; something to show for your accomplishment.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- All participants must fill in and sign a release of liability form.
- Great physical strength and the ability to move in very rapid and turbulent waters is required for the excursion. For safety reasons, participants must be in good physical shape and the excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or those suffering from heart, back, neck, shoulder or joint problems.
- The current may pull away swimming costumes and jewellery.
- Minimum height: 132 cm (length of bodyboard).
- Subsequent to registering at reception, and upon presenting your ticket, you will be provided with a wristband which is valid for the session.