EXTENDED EXPERIENCE ON THE CREST OF THE WAVE ON THE FLOWRIDER IN GRAND TURK
Let's enjoy an Extended Session on the FlowRider® at the Grand Turk Cruise Center. We experience the thrill of bodyboarding and flowboarding in a safe environment that is also fun and exciting: guaranteed fun even for those who have never tried it before!
What we will see
- Grand Turk Cruise Center
What we will do
- From the ship we go to the Grand Turk Cruise Center to experience the FlowRider®. We start with a safety briefing, a lesson and a demonstration by an instructor before the real fun begins.
- During an Extended Session, the flow fences are taken down so that there is more room to surf all over the simulator, the maximum number of participants is 15 and the maximum time we can spend on the machine is one hour during which time we can also try flowboarding, on a stand-up board similar to a surf board, in addition to bodyboarding.
- During each session, a thin sheet of water is pumped at high speed on to the surface of a cushioned platform in the shape of a wave.
- And those who are confident about their own skills can invite friends and family to watch their performance on the FlowRider®.
- You will be awarded a complimentary Participation Certificate; something to show for your accomplishment.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information will be provided in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- All participants must fill in and sign a release of liability form.
- Great physical strength and the ability to move in very rapid and turbulent waters is required for the excursion. For safety reasons, participants must be in good physical shape and the excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or those suffering from heart, back, neck, shoulder or joint problems.
- The current may pull away swimming costumes and jewellery.
- Minimum height: 132 cm (length of bodyboard).
- Subsequent to registering at reception, and upon presenting your ticket, you will be provided with a wristband which is valid for the session.