SNUBA DIVING IN THE WATERS OF GRAND TURK
Swimming, Entertainment, Drink included
An extraordinary opportunity to discover the marine world in an unusual way that is more comfortable than snorkeling and diving but that does not limit spectacular underwater vision in any way.
What we will see
- Cockburn Town
- SNUBA diving
- Wonderful underwater world
What we will do
- At the pier in Grand Turk, which is famous for the splashdown of the Capsule Friendship 7 in 1962, we meet the SNUBA instructor, who accompanies us to the means of transport that will take us to the beach.
- We cross the historic and picturesque Cockburn Town, and we learn some interesting facts about this island, which is believed to be the first landing place of Christopher Columbus.
- When we reach a quiet beach, we begin our SNUBA diving adventure, an underwater activity that can be defined as being halfway between snorkeling and diving. Breathing through a regulator, we swim in comfort without air cylinders on our backs, because the air supply is guaranteed by a support raft at the surface and therefore there is greater freedom of movement with respect to snorkeling or diving. Our adventure is organised in groups of eight people plus an instructor at a depth of between 3 and 5 metres.
- Once we are on the beach, the instructor gives a 20 minute briefing on safety measures illustrating how to use the equipment and the signs to use to communicate underwater.
- Once we have put on the equipment, we are ready for this underwater adventure, during which the instructor points out the fish and the coral which populate these beautiful waters.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide, but a local expert instructor will provide information in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You need to be able to swim and be physically fit for this excursion.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems and those who suffer from sea sickness.
- Minimum age: 10 years.