HARRISON'S CAVE, THE SECRET CRYSTALS OF BARBADOS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Also known as Crystal Cove due to the streams, pools and waterfalls formed by the water, Harrison's Cave is a natural gem of immense value.
What we will see
- Sharon Moravian Church
- Harrison's Cave
- Stalagmite and stalactite formations
- Natural waterfalls and crystal clear lakes
What we will do
- We set off in our minibus towards Harrison's Cave and we cross the centre of the island and pass by theSharon Moravian Church, which was built in 1799.
- The limestone caves, are a natural phenomenon that is considered very rare in the tropics, and they are, in all probability, the only ones of their kind in the whole of the Caribbean.
- First opened to the public in 1981, Harrison's Cave can only be visited on electric trams through tunnels and caverns to see how the rocks have been slowly eroded and sculpted over thousands of years.
- The light which filters through the limestone walls renders this amazing underground world even more magical.
- We are surrounded by thousands of stalagmites and stalactites, some of which have joined to form columns, natural waterfalls and crystal clear lakes : a unique natural spectacle.
What you need to know
- This excursion is conducted in English.
- This trip will be conducted mainly by coach.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- It is natural for water droplets to fall within the cave.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.?