GRANDE ANSE TOUR, RELAXING ON THE BEACH AND SEA TURTLE WATCHING
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Drink included
An unforgettable tour of Grande Anse, to relax on the beach but also to spot wonderful sea turtles and discover the true essence of this Caribbean Sea paradise.
What we will see
- Fort de France Bay
- Ramier Island, Bat Cave
- Cape Salmon
- Grande Anse Beach and sighting of sea turtles
What we will do
- We leave on board a motor catamaran that is equipped for underwater vision and we sail across Fort-de-France Bay, which is rated as one of the main biodiversity centres, to learn more about its history.
- Once we have quickly crossed the bay we continue our cruise along the coast up to Ramier Island and the Bat Cave where we have the opportunity to observe many examples of marine and land biodiversity.
- We then sail past Cape Salmon to reach Grande Anse beach, a peaceful Caribbean bay in the south of Martinique that is ideal for swimming, snorkeling and relaxing. Here we split into two groups: one group goes directly to the beach, while the other group stays on board to watch sea turtles, and afterwards we swap places.
- In this way we achieve two objectives, the first one being to encounter sea turtles (a species that is now growing in numbers thanks to drastic protection measures that have been adopted) and the second to relax on the beach and swim.
- On our return journey, we can even taste some local sweets, fruit juices and rum punch accompanied by Caribbean music!
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- Minimum age: 4 years; minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, particularly in the water.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel and sun cream.
- For safety and convenience, dependent on sea conditions, the beach may change upon the decision of the boat captain.
- The beach is a public beach; there are no loungers or parasols.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or afternoon. The departure time will be published in the Diario di Bordo the evening before stopping in Martinique.
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Martinique.
- The turtle sightings are very likely but not guaranteed.