THE CHARM OF THE CARIBBEAN AND THE MARINE RESERVE
Nature excursion, Swimming, Drink included
The Grand Cul de Sac Marin Nature Reserve, situated in the northern half of Guadeloupe, is the perfect destination for snorkeling enthusiasts and those who love tropical marine fauna. The reserve is part of the Guadeloupe National Park and is protected by a giant coral reef 25 km long. It is famous for its amazing wealth of flora and fauna. Not to be missed!
What we will see
- Grand Cul de Sac Marin
- Rivière Salée: mangrove forest
- Îlet Blanc: snorkeling, refreshing drink
What we will do
- We set off from the pier by coach towards the port of Sainte Rose, where we board a Zodiac dinghy to cross the Rivière Salée, the saltwater channel which separates the two islands of Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre and which is the location of the Grand Cul de Sac Marin Nature Reserve. As we cross its waters we observe the lush vegetation of mangroves populated by birds, crabs, starfish and multicoloured sponges.
- Once we have crossed the forest, we land on a small island lapped by turquoise waters. Thanks to the very low draught of our boat we are able to reach places with the most stunning variety of marine fauna and flora.
- As soon as we land on the island we have some time to dive into this gigantic natural aquarium that is one to three metres deep.
- On our way back we stop on the Îlet Blanc (the White Islet), another small island which owes its name to the pure white sand beaches which surround it. Here, armed with mask, fins and snorkel, we indulge in a fun snorkeling session after which we enjoy a refreshing fruit juice or rum punch.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- This tour does not feature a guide. Safety and trip information will be provided by the crew in English or French.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
Passengers will have to drive the mini boats.
It is up to the participants sharing the boat to decide upon who drives.
Snorkeling equipment included.
This excursion is available both for transit and disembarking guests. For those who disembark in Guadalupe please make sure your flight leaves after 17:30. We invite you to verify the compatibility with the excursion office.