CENOTE TOUR TO DISCOVER THE UNDERGROUND MAYAN WORLD
Swimming, Meal included
An extraordinary excursion on the Yucatán peninsula to discover one of the most spectacular and evocative geological phenomena in Mexico - cenotes. We go for a swim in the waters of four different cenotes in the jungle and end the day with a delicious Mayan lunch.
What we will see
- Ferry transfer to Playa del Carmen
- Walk in the jungle
- Cenote La Cueva
- Cenote Kay
- Cenote Azul
- Canoe tour of cenote Naval
What we will do
- From the pier in Cozumel we take the ferry to Playa del Carmen on the Yucatán coast.
- Here, we board our coach and start a scenic tour of the Riviera Maya to discover the places and scenery that saw this great civilisation grow and expand.
- We then embark on a walking excursion in the jungle along the so-called “cenote trail” looking for the most beautiful cenotes in the area. These are large sinkholes filled with crystal-clear waters that guaranteed the prosperity of the Mayan empire for centuries.
- We go for a first swim in cenote La Cueva, named after its magnificent natural archway.We then walk to cenote Kay* a spectacular cave adorned with stalactites and inhabited by small fish that delicately remove all skin impurities. An exclusive beauty treatment courtesy of Mother Nature!
- Our third stop is the incredible cenote Azul where we remain enchanted by the blue of its deep waters overlooked by lush emerald-green vegetation.
- We then move on to our fourth and last natural pool - cenote Naval. A large 500 metre cave which we access canoeing through the mangroves.
- A typical Mayan lunch awaits us at the end of our excursion: we learn how to make traditional tortillas and enjoy them with pibil chicken and poc-chuc pork and a large variety of side dishes, dips and guacamole accompanied by flavoured waters and coffee.
What you need to know
- Comfortable waterproof shoes are recommended.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, a bathing costume and sun cream.