UNDERGROUND EXPLORATION OF RIO SECRETO
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Tasting
Enjoy the unique thrill of descending underground and swimming in a river surrounded by incredible rock formations feeling like true explorers.
What we will see
- Ferry transfer to Playa del Carmen
- Exploring Rio Secreto Nature Reserve
- Walking and swimming in underground river.
- Snack and beverage
- Free time in Playa del Carmen
What we will do
- From the pier in Cozumel we take the ferry to Playa del Carmen on the Yucatán coast.
- We reach the Rio Secreto underground river, an authentic gem hidden in the Yucatán peninsula that winds its way around enchanting rock formations.
- We don the necessary equipment and follow our guide in an adventurous underground explorations walking through caves and tunnels, swimming in the river's crystal-clear waters and going for a dip in an underground river where stalactites and stalagmites create a surreal atmosphere.
- After we are done exploring, we enjoy a delicious snack with a refreshing beverage.
- The excursion ends with some free time in Playa del Carmen before getting onto the ferry that takes us back to Cozumel.
What you need to know
- All the equipment necessary is provided.
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- Maximum weight: 113 kg.
- Pregnant women, guests with cardiac, breathing, neck or back problems and those who have recently undergone surgery are not allowed on this excursion.
- No cameras, watches and jewels allowed during the underground river tour.
- Lockers and towels are freely available.