DISCOVERING CHARMING COZUMEL BY JEEP
Nature excursion, Swimming, Tasting
A unique opportunity to discover by Jeep the history and culture of the Mayan people and view the natural beauty of Cozumel, with its stunning beaches and spectacular coral reef.
What we will see
- Reconstruction of a Mayan house, traditions and legends of the Mayan civilisation
- Panoramic tour of the northern part of the island
- Punta Sur Park
What we will do
- Cozumel was inhabited by the Mayans for a very long time. It was founded more than 1000 years ago when it was an important commercial and religious centre dedicated to the cult of the goddess of fertility, Ixchel. The descendants of these first inhabitants have populated the island ever since and some of the ancient traditions have been handed down.
- We visit the reconstruction of a traditional Mayan house, with a typical thatched roof. Here we also see a collection of medicinal plants and we learn something about culinary techniques, myths and legends of the Mayan Civilisation. We do not miss the opportunity to discover more about the history of tequila and tasting it.
- We proceed on our tour towards the northern part of the islandto enjoy the breathtaking view of the unspoiled coast. Along the way we find traces of the origins of the island observing the ancient black rock formations which emerge from the sea and we take photographs during a brief stop at a vista point known as The Lookout. The white sand beaches, the various types of tropical vegetation and the alluring crystal clear waters of the Caribbean all contribute to enchant both the eyes and the mind.
- We proceed to the Punta Sur Park, a large area where Nature reigns supreme and where we can see birds, crocodiles and lagoons. We also visit an ancient Mayan ruin and the enchanting lighthouse on the southern tip of Cozumel which overlooks the crystal clear waters.
- We yield to the call of the sea and, accompanied by a guide, we dive into the turquoise waters for some snorkeling along the coral reef on one of the beaches that are part of the nature reserve.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. Our guides will provide information in either English or Spanish.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Passengers per Jeep: 4 passengers.
- One of the guests will drive the jeep, whom must be in possession of a valid driving license.
- Minimum age for driving a jeep: 18 years.
- There are no child seats for children.
- In no circumstances must you move away from the group with the jeeps.
- Pregnant women are not allowed on this excursion.
- Before setting off on the excursion, participants will be asked to fill in a release form in English.