AN ENCOUNTER WITH GIANT RAYS BY CATAMARAN
Sailing in the waters of North Sound, we proceed in the direction of Stingray City, where we can go snorkeling to see the rays which are the most characteristic marine creatures of Grand Cayman.
What we will see
- Catamaran excursion
- Encounter with giant rays at Stingray City
What we will do
- We set off for an interesting snorkeling expedition in the calm crystal clear waters of the island of Grand Cayman at Stingray City. After a short transfer to the Island Yacht Club we board Allura, a spacious and comfortable catamaran.
- Sailing the beautiful waters of North Sound we finally reach Stingray City. Here we can finally interact with the rays and, with a bit of luck, we might even manage to have them eating out of our hands! Rays came to this area a few decades ago when a fisherman had made a habit out of cleaning fish on the shallow sand bank. Overcoming their innate shyness, the rays began to approach the shallow sand bank to feast on the leftovers.
- We will be provided with the necessary snorkeling equipment (mask and snorkel) so that we can observe these fascinating creatures and swim right next to them. *We can film these magnificent marine creatures that swim happily around us, in water that is less than one metre deep.
- This is a unique experience that we can only enjoy here in the Cayman Islands!
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- The crew will provide information in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You need to be able to swim and be physically fit for this excursion.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- The excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or guests with neck or back problems.
- Minimum age: 8 years.
- Transportation, snorkelling equipment and drinks are included in the excursion.
- Participants must be able to enter and exit the water using the steps, weather permitting.
- Where conditions do not permit use of the sails, the catamaran will rely on its motor.