DISCOVERING UNSPOILED NATURE IN GUMBALIMBA PARK
This tour takes us to Gumbalimba Park for a close encounter with the wild beauty of the Caribbean. The Park offers the ideal opportunity to discover the different sides of the island, in a setting where Nature, history and adventure merge.
What we will see
- Gumbalimba Park: Lake Gumbalimba, Monkey Refuge, Coxen's Cave, Botanical Garden
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and head for Gumbalimba Park, Roatan's most fascinating nature reserve.
- Once we arrive at our destination, we take our time to explore this wonderful park: we walk along hiking trails where scenery characterised by a wealth of flowers and butterflies alternates with the shade of the tropical forest; we cross a panoramic rope bridge over Lake Gumbalimba; we are charmed by the pleasant sound of the waterfall and we encounter the parrots and macaws of the birdlife sanctuary.Our tour then leads to the Monkey Refuge*, for a close encounter with spider monkeys, white faced monkeys and howler monkeys. We can even cuddle them!
- We proceed to follow in the footsteps of the Pirates of the Caribbean, going towards Coxen's Cave, home of the infamous Captain John Coxen and his treasure. The cave is also rich in rock carvings depicting the history of Honduras.We end this extraordinary experience with a visit to the Botanical Garden*, to see all the indigenous exotic plants.
- All that is left to do before returning to the ship, is to bask in the sun, take a dip in the pool or have a splash in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel and sun cream.
- Feeding animals within the Gumbalimba Park during the visit is prohibited.