HISTORY, ADVENTURE OR SIMPLY RELAX ON THE PRIVATE ISLAND OF MAYA KEY
Nature excursion, Swimming, Meal included
Let us take a leap back in time to rediscover the glorious past of Honduras with a visit to the private island of Maya Key. This island offers all we could expect from a tropical paradise and much more: from evocative reconstructions of ruins to the warm waters of Bay Island that are perfect for snorkeling. A perfect excursion for those who want to combine adventure with relaxation!
What we will see
- Maya Key
- Ruins of Copan
- Animal Sanctuary and Rescue Center
- Snorkeling in the Coral Reef
- Relax by the Pool and Poolside Buffet
- Artisan Plaza
- Tonina's Gift Shop
What we will do
- We leave the port by motorboat and, after a short journey, we reach Maya Key. When we arrive at our destination, whoever wishes to visit the splendid Copan Ruins can do so. This location was known as the "Paris of Mesoamerica", because it was a centre of excellence for Art and the Humanities for a long time.
- Nature lovers can visit the Animal Sanctuary and the Rescue Center to see the animals that are looked after there, including jaguars, ocelots, margays, reptiles, parrots, monkeys and exotic birds.
- The more adventurous guests can hire a kit on site to go snorkeling at the nearby coral reef, while the lazier ones can take refuge in the shade of the coconut trees on the small beach of Maya Kay and enjoy a delicious poolside buffet after a couple of hours relaxing in the sun.
- Those who wish can shop for wonderful arts and crafts creations at the Artisan Plaza or visit Tonina's Gift Shop for a souvenir of Maya Key to take home.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Local guides are available on the island who will accompany guests to the replicas of the Maya ruins at appointed times, providing brief explanations in English. The times are displayed on the boards at the entrance. It is the responsibility of guests to check the visit times.
- Should guests be unable to take part in guided visits, a refund will not be given.
- The island provides a range of activities not included as part of the excursion, in which guests can participate subject to availability and upon payment on-site.
- We recommend bringing change with you as not all stores accept credit cards.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend you put your swimming costume on underneath your clothing before leaving the ship.
- Do not forget to bring your towel, sunglasses, sun cream and insect repellent.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Participants must hold onto and are responsible, for the entire duration of the excursion, for valuables, cameras, handbags and other personal belongings. Costa Cruises and the Tour Operator are not responsible for any loss, theft or damage during the on-land excursions.
- Refunds and cancellations: subsequent to purchasing tickets, gift certificates and vouchers, refunds are not provided. No exceptions will be considered as agreements with agents at every individual port are stipulated prior to the arrival of the ship.
- Excursion departure times and duration are subject to modification without prior warning depending on external circumstances, adverse weather conditions and/or transportation delays.
- The itinerary may be subject to change depending on adverse weather conditions and/or traffic conditions.
- Passengers are asked to respect the times provided by the Guide (stops for food, stops for photos, etc.).
- The descriptions are updated on the date of publication of materials. In order to guarantee the high quality of shore excursions, it may be necessary to make changes and therefore the actual excursion may differ from the descriptions provided.