ON HORSEBACK BETWEEN SAND AND SEA
Nature excursion, Swimming
The crystal clear waters of the ocean on one side and on the other side the breathtaking landscape of Grand Turk: all of this while riding a wonderful horse as we explore the beauty of the island's coastline.
What we will see
- Natural salinas
- Cockburn Town
- Grand Turk Horse Shelter
What we will do
- We cross the island up to the opposite seaboard by coach, enjoying the panoramic view of the coast.
- On our way, we can see the splendid Governor's Beach, well known to snorkeling enthusiasts and dominated by the house of the Governor; we pass near the local airport and one of the natural salinas of Grand Turk that have recently been restored to demonstrate to visitors the natural process of salt extraction which was once the island's main source of income. Before we reach our destination we go through the charming Cockburn Town, the biggest urban centre of the island.
- When we finally arrive at the Grand Turk Horse Shelter we can mount our horse for a leisurely ride along the shoreline lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Towards the end of the ride we dismount and the local guides unsaddle our horses to prepare them for a swim. We then remount the horses with a halter and ride into the sea for the experience of a lifetime!
- Ecstatic after this wonderful experience, before returning to the ship we will be able to take a shower and relax.
What you need to know
- This excursion is conducted in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- Maximum weight: 105 kg.
- The excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or people with neck or back problems.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel and water shoes.