THE WONDERS OF GRAND TURK BY DUNE BUGGY
An excursion to the unmissable sites of Grand Turk for the more adventurous guests: at the wheel of a tubular framed beach buggy specially designed for driving over sand dunes.
What we will see
- Dune buggy
- View of Gibbs Cay and other uninhabited islets of the Atlantic Ocean
- John Glenn's Capsule
- Cockburn Town
- North Wells
What we will do
- At the port we are given directions for our itinerary and a safety briefing on the necessary safety regulations to observe during our tour at the wheel of a dune buggy.
- We put on our helmets and we are off on our adventure, in a south-easterly direction, starting with the narrow sand tracks that skirt the beach and the rocky coastline around the island.
- Our first stop is at a cliff from where we have a wonderful view of the unspoiled island of Gibbs Cay* and other uninhabited islets of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Back in our buggy we proceed towards John Glenn's capsule at the entrance of the international airport.
- We go past the numerous salinas from where natural salt was once obtained and proceed until we arrive at the charming Cockburn Town, the administrative and political capital of Turks and Caicos Islands.
- After a brief look at the capital we head for North Wells, from where we can enjoy the view from the top of the cliffs that overlook the Atlantic Ocean and go for a Nature excursion up to the Island's highest point. Here we keep our eyes open as, if we are lucky, we can spot humpback whales that migrate between February and March.
- Back on our dune buggy we proceed along the eastern coast to return to the port.
What you need to know
- This excursion is conducted in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Given the type of transport, you may get dirty during the trip.
- During the tour, you must not move away from the group or jeeps.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Maximum weight: 113 kg.
- This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women and guests with mobility problems.
- To drive you must be in possession of a valid driving licence and be over the age of 18 (bring the driving licence with you on the excursion).
- Each vehicle can take a maximum of 2 passengers.
- Do not forget to bring a towel, sunglasses and water shoes.