TREKKING IN THE RAINFOREST
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
An exciting excursion for all nature lovers. We venture onto the jungle trails, through majestic palm trees and huge jungle creepers, where lazy iguanas and troops of howler monkeys hide. A unique experience which make the whole excursion worthwhile.
What we will see
- Brief panoramic tour of Belize City
- Nature park, walk in the jungle
- Palm trees, jungle creepers, whiptail lizards, iguanas, parrots, monkeys
What we will do
- We leave the port and we have a brief panoramic tour of Belize City sitting comfortably in our coach.
- We reach the nature park where the entrance is guarded by Tapir Jack and two of his crocodile friends. After a short briefing on our route, we are off with our guides for a thrilling walk along the jungle trails. The lush rainforest is dominated by huge plants, some of which are 30 metres high, while majestic palm trees with smooth trunks create a natural colonnade that disappears into the jungle.
- The tropical jungle creepers reach right down to the ground where whiptail lizards (which are blue and brown) slip away making the carpet of dry leaves rustle. With a little bit of luck we will be able to spot giant iguanas, troops of monkeys and parrots with pale green plumage, in addition to some of the other fifty species of birds which populate the tree tops, feeding on the fruit and flowers.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. .
- This excursion does not include a guide. A local courier will provide general information in English.
- There will be a 15-20 minute boat transfer from where the ship is anchored to the pier in Belize City from where the vehicles depart.
- We recommend bringing cash with you to purchase items as not all stores accept credit cards.
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 3 km in the jungle on uneven nature trails.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum weight: 113 kg.
- Comfortable trekking shoes are recommended.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed as the species described live freely in the wild.