JEEP SAFARI AND A DIP INTO THE RIVER
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
We venture off the beaten track in the Montego Bay surroundings by Jeep with driver to discover the true Jamaica between breath-taking views and picturesque corners, as far as a lovely irresistible waterfall where we take a dip.
What we will see
- Jeep excursions
- Views over Montego Bay
- Picturesque villages, rural scenery
- Stop at the former slave hospital
- Ruins of an 18th-century sugar factory
- Waterfall and swim in the river
What we will do
- We board our roaring 4x4 Jeeps to start an adventure that will take us to discover the Jamaican territory.
- Entertained by the stories told by our driver, we learn a lot of local facts as we proceed along mountain roads offering spectacular views over Montego Bay, overlooking the blue Caribbean Sea and surrounded by white sandy beaches.
- We cross picturesque villages and rural communities dotting the countryside, thus getting a glimpse of local everyday life.
- We stop by a former slave hospital turned into a church in 1846 and drive through a lovely estate where we can admire the ruins of a 18th-century sugar factory.
- We then reach a river and, after leaving our Jeeps behind, we walk as far as a gurgling waterfall in the heart of the tropical forest where we give in to the temptation of diving in for a refreshing swim!
- Once back on our Jeeps, we head back as we enjoy other unforgivable views.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 6 years. * The route includes stretches uneven ground.
- Pregnant women and people with back and neck problems are not allowed to take part in this excursion.