SNORKELING NEAR THE "PITONS"
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Drink included
A truly unique and incomparable experience: snorkeling in the tropical waters of St. Lucia looking for the most unusual fish and the most colourful corals, with the twin Piton peaks in the background.
What we will see
- West coast of the island: La Toc peninsula, Marigot Bay the two villages of Anse la Raye and Canaries
- Soufrière Bay and the Pitons, the two cone shaped volcanic plugs
- Snorkeling in the waters of the bay: tropical fish and corals
- Relax on the catamaran and refreshments
What we will do
- We board our catamaran and we cruise for over than an hour along the west coast of the island, round La Toc Peninsula, the famous Marigot Bay (described by the English writer James Michener as the most beautiful bay in the Caribbean which is now a safe harbour for yachts and a haven for artists), the small fishing villages of Anse La Raye (which preserves its original Caribbean atmosphere) and Canaries.
- When we reach Soufrière Bay (founded by the French in 1746, a lively town with a typical Caribbean atmosphere that owes its name to the sulphur springs that abound in the region), the impressive twin Piton peaks come into view in all their splendour. The two cone shaped volcanic plugs (the little Piton and the big Piton have an altitude of 750 and 797 metres respectively) have become a symbol of the island and have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Here we have some free time to take photos before our snorkeling expedition. We enter the water from a platform and we start our underwater adventure exploring the underwater life of corals and tropical fish.
- After our snorkeling expedition we can relax on the catamaran before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Maximum weight: 120 kg.
- Snorkelling equipment is included, the use of floats is mandatory.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with heart, neck or back problems and pregnant women.
- This excursion is conducted in English.