SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF ST. KITTS
A comfortable and interesting coach tour of St. Kitts to see the island’s main attractions and learn about the key stages of its history without forgetting the landscape.
What we will see
- Basseterre, rolling hills along the coast
- Romney Manor, botanic gardens and Caribelle Batik Studios
- Frigate Bay: St. Kitts Marriott and Royal Beach Casino, Royal St. Kitts Golf Course
What we will do
- We start our journey through the history and culture of St. Kitts by observing the interesting harmony between the heritage of its past and its promising future.
- The 2 hour tour includes breathtaking views of Basseterre, Romney Manor and Frigate Bay.
- We start with Basseterre, the capital city of the island of St. Kitts and the oldest city in the East Caribbean (where the legacy of French and British colonisation has been faithfully preserved), and we proceed along the coast on a road dominated by green rolling hills where the remains of old sugar mill chimneys and towers recall the humble origins of the island of St. Kitts.
- The first stop in our tour is Romney Manor, a 17th century Great House on a large plot of well looked after land surrounded by 5 hectares of splendid botanical gardens, whose first owner was Samuel Jefferson, the great-great-grandfather of Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States of America. Romney Manor also offers an excellent opportunity to relax in its beautiful botanical gardens and to do some shopping at Caribelle Batik.
- The second stop of the tour takes us to Frigate Bay, where there is a splendid one-and-a-half-kilometre stretch of white sand which is the most popular and lively beach in St. Kitts. Here we can see some splendid establishments like the St. Kitts Marriott and Royal Beach Casino, and the Royal St. Kitts Golf Course and several other hotels and boutique hotels which boast Caribbean elegance, style and charm.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be conducted mainly by coach. *
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.
- The excursion is particularly recommended for younger guests.