SNORKELLING AT TREASURE POINT
Nature excursion, Swimming
This excursion features a snorkelling session in a tropical paradise with an added thrill, the excitement of searching for pirate treasure hidden at Treasure Point, according to legend.
What we will see
- Scenic trip across Sir Francis Drake Channel
- Norman Island
- Snorkelling at Treasure Point
What we will do
- After a short journey, we will board a motor launch for a scenic trip across Sir Francis Drake Channel, which will offer us views of the string of wonderful islands in the archipelago.
- Accompanied by an expert local instructor, we will reach the legendary, uninhabited Norman Island, believed to be Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island due to its fascinating pirate history.
- We will make our way to the Treasure Point caves, where legend has it that pirates hid their treasure and treasure chests.
- We will get into the water for a snorkelling session in an unspoilt setting, surrounded by fabulous multi-coloured coral formations, exotic fish and a thriving underwater world. Maybe we'll even catch sight of a gold doubloon!
- Enriched by our experience, but possibly not by any treasure, we will return to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Minimum age: 5 years old.
- To participate in the snorkelling session, you must be able to swim. We will enter the water directly from the boat.
- Snorkels, masks, flippers and wet suits will be provided and instructions will be given to beginners.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- We recommend you put your swimwear on underneath your clothing before leaving the ship.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- The instructors will provide information in English.
- The snorkelling site may change depending on weather and sea conditions.