A DAY ON THE ISLAND OF JOST VAN DYKE
Nature excursion, Swimming, Meal included
Once a pirate haven, today the island of Jost Van Dyke is a dream tourist destination. We will swim to the most beautiful beach for an amazing day of sun, sea and relaxation in an utterly Caribbean setting. And to top it all off, we will also enjoy a delicious lunch.
What we will see
- Sightseeing cruise
- Peter, Norman, Saint John
- Island of Jost Van Dyke
- White Bay beach
- Includes lunch
What we will do
- At the nearest port, we will board a fast motor boat for a cruise over the incredible Caribbean waters heading west from Tortola.
- Our boat ride will offer us stunning views of the archipelago while we pass the almost uninhabited coral islands of Peter and Norman, and the island of Saint John, which belongs to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Then we will reach our destination, the small island of Jost Van Dyke, which takes its name from the notorious Dutch privateer that settled on the coast here in the 17th century when the first European colonies were established in the region.
- The boat will moor in front of White Bay and we will reach the most famous beach on the island with its long stretch of white sand lapped by crystal-clear waters and shaded by huge palm trees.
- We can completely relax here in a genuine corner of paradise that also offers a host of modern conveniences with a bar and some little stalls.
- The beach is almost entirely bordered by a spectacular coral reef, making the water calm for any swimming lovers and offering extraordinary underwater life for snorkelling fans to discover.
- And seeing that we're in paradise, it's only right that we should enjoy a tasty lunch to delight our palates while we continue to enjoy the unrivalled views.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Information will be provided by the crew on the boat and assistants at the beach in English.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or those who suffer from sea sickness.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.