RUM CLARKE’S COURT RUM DISTILLERY AND RELAX ON THE BEACH
Swimming, Cultural, Drink included
Rum will no longer have secrets for us after this guided tour of the famous Clarke’s Court distillery in St. George, followed by a dip in the sea on a heavenly beach in the Caribbean sea.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of St. George
- Clarke’s Court distillery, guided tour, rum tasting session
- Morne Rouge, relaxation on the beach, swimming
What we will do
- We leave the port behind and head towards St. George, the capital of the island, where we go for a brief sightseeing tour. We then move on to the Clarke’s Court distillery, the largest in Grenada, established in 1937.
- During our guided tour, we will learn about the various stages of rum distillation, from sugar cane grinding to molasses and to rum, as well as the ageing, blending and bottling stages. We will also see old steam motors, some of which date back to 1886 and are still in use.
- The tour ends with a tasting session of various types of internationally renowned rums.
- We then get back on the coach and head towards Morne Rouge, a secluded beach with white sand and crystal-clear waters where almond trees provide natural protection from the sun.
- We are offered refreshments (rum or fruit punch) and can use the toilets and showers. We have time to go for a walk, take a dip into the Caribbean Sea or relax with a refreshing drink before going back to the port.
What you need to know
- This excursion includes an English speaking guide.
- The tour includes a short walk and climb to reach Clarke's Court Rum Distillery.
- This excursion is suitable for those with mobility problems but is not available to wheelchair users.
- A limited number of sun beds and beach umbrellas are available subject to payment.
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or afternoon.