THE BEST OF ROSEAU BY MINI-TRAIN
Sightseeing, Cultural, Drink included
A fun mini-train tour to discover Roseau, the capital of Dominica, with its gardens filled with tropical plants and streets teeming with people and traders to fully delve into the island’s exotic colonial atmosphere.
What we will see
- Mini-train tour of Roseau
- Botanical gardens: exotic flowers and tropical plants, native parrots
- Stop for photos in a panoramic viewpoint with view over the capital
- Streets teeming with people and colonial buildings in Roseau
- Stop in a Catholic church
What we will do
- We start our tour of Roseau by getting on a mini-train that takes us around the streets of the capital of Dominica for one and a half hours to show us the main sights including the Botanical Gardens, a viewpoint to admire the city and a local church.
- The first stop is at the Botanical Gardens: we can get off and go for an optional walk to admire exotic flowers and tropical plants as well as native parrots inside large cages as we sip a pleasant welcome drink.
- The second stop is at a panoramic viewpoint offering a magnificent view over the capital and of our ship with the Caribbean Sea in the background, so we can take amazing photos.
- We get back to the train and proceed along roads teeming with people and street vendors typical of the most unspoilt Caribbean capital.
- Along the way, the conductor points out the main buildings and sights so we can take photos of the typical colonial architecture as we proceed along alleyways and winding roads.
- The last stop on our train tour is at a small Catholic church, 70% of the population is in fact Catholic.
What you need to know
- The excursion is not recommended for wheelchair users and pushchairs are not allowed on the mini-train.