DISCOVERING THE WONDERFUL BLUE MOUNTAINS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
Discover the wonderful Blue Mountains up close. Their name derives from the blue haze generated by the rays of sunshine illuminating vapour drops in the atmosphere.
What we will see
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Three Sisters
- Scenic World Blue Mountains
- Katoomba Falls
- Mount Solitary
- Jamison Valley
- Cliff Drive
What we will do
- This trip will be conducted by coach. The itinerary takes us through the residential suburbs west of Sydney’s city centre as far as the Blue Mountains.
- On our way there, we visit the Featherdale Wildlife Park to admire the numerous local animal species that populate the park, including koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pluvial forest and inland birds, colourful parrots and reptiles.
- At the end of our visit, we continue on the traces of this country’s first explorers (Blaxland, Wentworth and Lawson) as the coach climbs the Blue Mountains through the Leura and Katoomba suburbs. The mountain’s name derives from the blue haze generated by the rays of sunshine illuminating vapour drops in the atmosphere, an interesting scientific phenomenon that is particularly visible in this area due to the many eucalyptus trees. The itinerary includes panoramic stops along the way as well as a visit to the Featherdale Wildlife Park for a close encounter with kangaroos, koalas and other Australian animals.
- Along the way, we also stop in various observation points to admire valleys and peculiar rock formations such as the famous Three Sisters.
- We then continue towards the Scenic World Blue Mountains park, which offers a 360° view of the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Mount Solitary and the immense Jamison Valley.
- At this point, we have some free time to stroll around the picturesque village of Leura to visit art and crafts galleries, antiquarian shops and boutiques.
- On our way back, we take the Cliff Drive with its amazing views of the Jamison Valley and spot the granite formation of the Three Sisters as well as the Giant Stairway.
What you need to know
- The excursion involves some walking.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.