SYNDEY FISH MARKETS
Sightseeing, Lunch not included
Let us spend the morning around the famous Sydney fish markets, the largest of the southern hemisphere and the second largest in the world after the Japanese fish market.
What we will see
- Fish markets
- Sashimi pavilion
- Crab and lobster area
- Sydney Seafood School
- Fish auction
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and, after a 15 minute journey, we reach the Fish markets. The Sydney fish market is largest of the southern hemisphere and the second largest in the world after the Japanese fish market.
- Once at our destination, we enjoy a guided tour of all market areas and a complete overview of its activities, with a visit of the sashimi pavilion and crab and lobster area. The tour also includes a visit to the Sydney Seafood School.
- During our excursion, we have the chance to see the famous fish auction, during which over 150 buyers compete for the incredible variety of fish made available by fishermen, cooperatives and breeders from Australia, New Zealand and the entire Asia-Pacific area. The auction is carried out through a sophisticated computerised system created in Holland and thanks to which over 50 tons of fish are traded every day.
- Before returning to the ship, we enjoy a delicious fish snack.
What you need to know
- The sale begins at 5:30 and continues until all the fish has been sold , the quantity of which varies on a daily basis.
- In compliance with standards overseeing safety in the workplace, all visitors who wish to attend a sale must wear closed shoes; you will not be able to attend the sale otherwise. Additionally, as the floor will probably be wet, we do not recommend that you wear leather shoes as they tend to absorb the dampness even more. We recommend wearing trousers with turn-ups where they are too long.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.