HELICOPTER TOUR OF THE 12 APOSTLES AND VISIT TO JACK RABBIT VINEYARD
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
After a breath-taking helicopter ride to see the Twelve Apostles from above as well as many other sights, we visit a local winery and lift off again towards Melbourne.
What we will see
- Helicopter sightseeing tour
- Twelve Apostles
- Cape Otway rainforest, Apollo Bay, Lorne waterfront, Bellarine Peninsula
- Jack Rabbit vineyard
- Mornington peninsula, Port Phillip Bay
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and, after a short journey, we reach an exclusive heliport in the heart of Melbourne.
- After receiving a few basic safety indications, we board the helicopter and start our panoramic tour heading towards the Twelve Apostles to admire this extraordinary wonder of nature up close. The site is a collection of limestone stacks dating back to the Miocene era and located off the Australian coast of the Port Campbell National Park along the Great Ocean Road between Princetown and Peterborough. The weather conditions in the Southern Ocean eroded the soft limestone forming actual caves in the cliffs which slowly turned into stacks up to 45 metres tall. Once known as “The Sow & the Piglets”, these unique rock formations were named the “Twelve Apostles” in 1922, even though there are actually only nine monoliths.
- During our flight back, we will see the Cape Otway rainforest, Apollo Bay and the famous Lorne waterfront before landing on the Bellarine Peninsula to enjoy a meal at the Jack Rabbit Vineyard, where each course will be paired with local wine.
- After lunch, we head back to Melbourne by helicopter enjoying lovely views over the Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip Bay and Melbourne skyscrapers.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is conducted in English.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- The excursion does not include a guide; the pilot will provide details during the flight.
- This excursion requires a minimum number of participants to operate. In the event that the excursion is cancelled it is possible to organise private tours.