MAIN ATTRACTIONS OF AUCKLAND (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
With its 1.4 million inhabitants, Auckland is the largest and most populous city in New Zealand. On this excursion, we will see its main places of tourist and natural interest.
What we will see
- Coach excursion *Auckland, Auckland Harbour Bridge, Devonport, shopping
- Narrow Neck, Okahu, Mission Bay beaches
- Bastion Point
- Parco Auckland Domain, Parnell Village
What we will do
- Auckland is a rapidly developing cosmopolitan city located in a privileged position surrounded by bays ideal for swimming, water sports or sailing, so much so that it is known as “City of Sails”.
- We board our coach and cross the Auckland Harbour Bridge connecting the city centre to the elegant Devonport, which overlooks the north shore of the city and is famous for its wood, used for its colonial homes, art galleries and crafts. We have some free time to do some shopping or enjoy a cup of coffee.
- From here, we go to the beach of Narrow Neck, a paradise for windsurfers, then head back to Auckland along the southern coastal road with its Okahu and Mission Bay beaches and their amazing views of the Bastion Point headland.
- We continue our tour passing through the residential neighbourhoods of the eastern part of the city as far as Auckland Domain, a 75 hectare park located on the crater of an extinct volcano where we can go for a lovely walk surrounded by nature.
- Last but not least, on our way to the port, we pass through the lively and charming Parnell Village, Auckland’s oldest neighbourhood.
What you need to know
- It is not necessary to book this excursion as it is already included in the price of the cruise.