THE MARVELS OF WILD NATURE FROM FOREST TO SEA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
The marvels of wild nature provide the setting to this wonderful excursion: a surprising walk in the enchanting rainforest and a spectacular black sandy beach to admire the power of the sea on the magnificent rugged West Coast.
What we will see
- Waitakere Ranges coastal rainforest
- Stop at the Arataki visitor centre
- Breathtaking views of the sea
- Walk in the forest
- Stop in a black sandy beach: Piha Beach
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and, by coach, head towards the Waitakere Ranges, coastal mountains covered in magnificent luxuriant rainforest. Entertained by our guide, we soon forget the city’s hustle and bustle and immerse ourselves in landscapes and atmospheres that seem to come from another world.
- We stop at the Arataki visitor centre, located on the ridge of a mountain under the watchful eye of a Maori incision.
- Here, we get the chance to learn a lot of interesting facts about the forest and Maori culture and to admire breathtaking views of the coast as our gaze wanders from the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean along the succession of inlets where the blue sea alternates with the emerald green of the forest.
- Together with our guide, we enjoy a pleasant stroll along an easy trail crossing a labyrinth of gigantic ferns towering above our heads and spectacular local conifers known as kauri, the largest trees in the world with a trunk that can grow as high as 70 metres and reach a diameter of 9 metres.
- We reach the wild western coast with its marvellous Piha Beach where the waves most adored by surfers lap the black sandy beach in an unspoilt landscape.
- To top it all, this fabulous excursion also includes refreshments to be enjoyed surrounded by the marvels of nature.
What you need to know
- This excursion requires a certain level of physical fitness. *This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users.