PREMIUM TOUR - TE PUIA AND POLYNESIAN SPA: A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE
Nature excursion, Swimming, Fishing, Meal included
Wild nature reigns supreme in this area of New Zealand, known for its substantial geothermal activity that leaves visitors breathless. We will discover the secrets of the thermal valleys and how the waters can rejuvenate the body and spirit with a pampering session at the exclusive Polynesian Spa.
What we will see
- Rotorua, Kiwifruit Country, Te Puia, Whakarewarewa Valley, New Zealand Institute of Maori Arts and Crafts
- Marae, Maori cultural show, Haka
- Nocturnal Kiwi House, geothermal reserve, Pohutu Geyser
- Government Gardens, Blue Baths
- Polynesian Spa, relaxation, shopping
What we will do
- We will start our excursion travelling south towards Rotorua, the biggest and most active thermal centre in New Zealand, not to mention the heart of the Maori culture. After stopping for a spot of shopping at Kiwifruit Country, which is dedicated solely to this fruit, we will head to Te Puia geothermal reserve in Whakarewarewa Valley, and the New Zealand Institute of Maori Arts and Crafts.
- When we arrive at the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute at Te Puia, we will be welcomed at the Marae, the sacred meeting point, where we will watch a Maori cultural show, traditional song and dance performances, plus combat techniques including the famous Haka (the war dance). We will also have the chance to visit the schools that teach the art of wood carving and linen weaving there.
- Next, we will visit the Nocturnal Kiwi House, a reserve dedicated to the kiwi, the national symbol of New Zealand.
- Then we will prepare to be dazzled by the unique beauty of this geothermal reserve with its silica terraces, mud pools and bubbling waters, the famous Pohutu Geyser and over 500 springs with temperatures ranging from cold to boiling hot.
- We will leave Te Puia and head towards Rotorua city centre to visit the wonderful Government Gardens, which are also home to the biggest museum in Rotorua and the Blue Baths. We can take some photos here before continuing on to the Polynesian Spa, where we can spend a few hours relaxing.
- Chosen by Condé Nast readers in the UK in 2009 as one of the top ten 10 spas in the world, the Polynesian Spa capitalises on the therapeutic properties of the mineral water that gushes out of the land.
- During our visit, we can choose to treat ourselves to a private treatment (subject to availability).
- After pampering ourselves or bathing in the mineral waters, we will have some free time browse the products on sale in the spa shop before we return to Tauranga.
- The return journey follows an alternative itinerary, passing through the New Zealand forest and countryside. This will also give us the opportunity to travel through the city of Tauranga on our way back to the ship.
What you need to know
Please note: entrance to Polynesian SPA doe not include private treatments. Guests will enjoy the thermal pools.