DISCOVERING THE GOLD COAST AND LONE PINE KOALA SANCTUARY
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming, Shopping, Lunch not included
An ideal excursion revealing two different sides to Australia: a wonderful sanctuary dedicated to cuddly koalas, where nature reigns supreme, and the vibrant city of Gold Coast with its plethora of bars, shops and restaurants lining a stunning beach. We will top it all off with a sightseeing tour of Brisbane and a stop at the Botanic Gardens.
What we will see
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Meeting the local animals
- See a koala
- Sightseeing tour of Gold Coast
- Surfers Paradise beach
- Sightseeing tour of Brisbane
- Stop at the Botanic Gardens
What we will do
- We will leave the city of Brisbane on our coach and head for our first destination: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the largest koala sanctuary in the world.
- During the tour we can really get up close to the local fauna. This sanctuary even allows us to stroke and cuddle Australia's iconic animal, the koala!
- We will stroll through the park, immersed in nature, along paths that will take us to a number of interesting encounters with other guests at the sanctuary, including wombats, bats, echidnas, Tasmanian devils, dingoes and many other creatures typical of Australian wildlife.
- During the tour, we will have the chance to attend informative sessions held by park staff, which will make our experience at the koala sanctuary even more enjoyable and memorable.
- We will leave the sanctuary behind and continue our journey south towards Gold Coast, a vibrant seaside town known as Australia's Miami.
- After a sightseeing tour to introduce us to this delightful place, we will stop in the heart of Gold Coast, at the famous beach in Surfers Paradise, a lively suburb dotted with restaurants, bars, nightclubs and surf shops.
- There, we will have time to explore the area freely. We can walk along the famous Main Beach and enjoy a dip in the sea, or we can try some local dishes at the Surfers Paradise Mall or indulge in a spot of shopping on Orchid Avenue.
- Anyone who wants to admire a spectacular 360-degree view can make their way up to the terrace on the SkyPoint Observation Deck, situated almost at the top of one of the tallest skyscrapers in the world.
- After our free time enjoying Gold Coast's numerous attractions, we will board our coach again and turn back for a short sightseeing tour of Brisbane.
- Finally, we will stop at the Botanic Gardens for a real display of Australian flora, before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.