EXCURSION TO MOUNT TAMBORINE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Tasting
We will leave the bustling streets of the city behind and retire to the peace and tranquillity of the rainforest, immersed in lush vegetation amidst waterfalls and age-old trees. We will savour a delicious morning tea in an historic hotel surrounded by beautiful gardens and we will end on a high with a sightseeing tour of Brisbane.
What we will see
- Lamington Plateau
- Mount Tamborine
- Forest walk and Curtis falls
- Morning tea at St Bernards Hotel
- Walk through the hotel gardens
- Sightseeing tour of Brisbane
What we will do
- We will leave Brisbane behind us while our coach takes us to Lamington plateau, covered by the cool, lush rainforest where peace and tranquillity reign supreme.
- We will reach Mount Tamborine, where nine national parks protect the ancient subtropical forest and eucalypt forests, which act as a refuge for the wild fauna and offer visitors the chance to enjoy the natural beauty of this heavenly place as they breathe in the pure mountain air.
- The fertile volcanic terrain has allowed the vegetation to flourish, and boasts ancient varieties of cycads, orchids, palm and beech trees, tropical fruit plants and flowers of all different colours.
- The top of Mount Tamborine will offer us a spectacular view of the city of Gold Coast, the coastline and the sparkling blue ocean.
- We will admire Curtis falls, in the midst of a lush green setting with giant palm trees and age-old trees, and we will have some free time available to explore the forest on our own.
- Our coach trip will then continue to the historic St Bernards Hotel, where we will be served a delicious morning tea to refresh us.
- After our rest, we can walk through the wonderful, well-kept gardens at St Bernards Hotel, admiring the views of the valley that emerge and span to the skyline of Gold Coast and the ocean.
- Then we will return to our starting point and enjoy a sightseeing tour of Brisbane from the comfort of our seats before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.