HISTORIC-CULTURAL TOUR OF TAHITI
Cultural, Lunch not included
A trip to discover the historical, cultural and artistic roots of the island. In addition to striking wild nature, Tahiti is also home to fascinating museums and secrets that never cease to amaze.
What we will see
- Museum of Tahiti and the Islands, local history and culture
- Vaipahi Gardens
- Marae Arahurahu
What we will do
- Opened to the public in 1974, the Museum of Tahiti and the Islands provides an overview of this enchanting island and displays a wide collection on local flora and fauna. It also illustrates Polynesian culture through houses, costumes, religious traditions, dances and musical instruments dating back to the period before contact with the West, the history of exploration and the arrival of missionaries and famous people such as Captain James Cook, explorers Louis-Antoine de Bougainville and Samuel Wallis and the Pomare dynasty.
- After the visit to the museum, our coach takes us to Marae Arahurahu, a religious site dedicated to ancient indigenous gods where important ceremonies were held.
- Continue your drive to VAIPAHI GARDENS to meet with tropical flowers, plants & a waterfall.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be guided in French or English, dependent on availability.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.