SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF THE ISLAND OF MOOREA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Lunch not included
A coach tour providing spectacular views of the idyllic island of Moorea, its amazing bays and the surrounding mountains.
What we will see
- Coach sightseeing tour of the island of Moorea
- Opunohu Bay, Cook's Bay, Belvedere Point
- Panoramic views of the bays and Mount Rotui
- Ancient Mara temple, pineapple plantation
What we will do
- Moorea, which means “yellow lizard” in Tahitian, is a triangular-shaped island with two large bays along the northern side - Cook's Bay and Oponohu Bay.
- We travel along the coastal road between the lagoon and the mountains by coach and stop off at a pineapple plantation, where we will learn more about one of the most famous and important productions in Moorea.
- We then continue our tour heading towards Belvedere Point, where we will stop to observe a Mara, i.e. an ancient open-air Polynesian temple, and discover local traditions from a bygone era.
- The breath-taking panorama of the Opunohu and Cook’s Bays, dominated by the rocky spur of*Mount Rotui*, spreads out before us.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be guided in French or English, dependent on availability.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.