SAFARI JEEP TOUR
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
This Jeep safari to the heart of the island of Moorea reveals before our eyes panoramas of rare beauty as well as interesting historical and archaeological sites - the perfect excursion for true adventurers wishing to admire this lovely island from a unique angle.
What we will see
- Jeep excursion
- Pineapple plantations, Agricultural School, local flora and fauna
- Ancient Mara temple
- Belvedere Point, panoramic views of Opunohu Bay and Cook's Bay
- Magic Mountain
What we will do
- On our Jeep, we head towards the heart of the island to the crater of the volcano which created Moorea. Here, we will discover the pineapple plantations, hidden and unexpected gems.
- Moorea is also known as the “green garden” of Polynesia as it is the location of the Agricultural School attended by students from all the islands. The guide will take us on a tour of a large plantation where vanilla, bananas, grapefruit and lemons are cultivated and where we will learn more about the local flora and fauna.
- We then stop to visit a Mara, an ancient open-air temple dedicated to Polynesian divinities, and continue towards Belvedere Point, offering breathtaking panoramic views over Cook's and Opunohu Bays.
- Our last stop is the Magic Mountain - we will walk along a path flanked by grapefruit, lemon and orange groves to the peak, from where we can enjoy one of the most amazing views of the island over the Bay of Opunohu and the lagoon.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be guided in French or English, dependent on availability.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.