EXPEDITION IN SEARCH OF DOLPHINS
Nature excursion, Swimming
Our guides during this boat tour are researchers from Dr. Michael Pool’s team straight from the Island Research Center and Environmental Observatory in Moorea. The perfect occasion to discover and observe dolphins in their natural habitat up close with a scientific and naturalistic approach.
What we will see
- Guided boat excursion
- Dolphin and stenella sighting
- Moorea: history, nature and geology
- Snorkelling (if time permits)
What we will do
- Thanks to the knowledge of the scientists and researchers doubling as our guides, we learn about stenellas and get the chance to admire them in their natural habitat, discovering everything about their incredible characteristics and behaviour.
- These dolphins are among the most acrobatic and agile, not only can they rise from the water, but they can also rotate in the air creating amazing choreographies.
- From the boat, we can also enjoy the charm of Moorea and learn more about the history and natural and geological characteristics of the island and its motus (islets).
- If we have time, we will stop for a snorkelling session to discover the underwater treasures of the lagoon.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.