“LE TRUCK” TOUR OF THE ISLAND
We board a characteristic local bus known as “Le Truck” for a tour of Bora Bora to discover coastal villages, ancient Marae temples and breathtaking atoll and lagoon landscapes.
What we will see
- Excursion in a typical “Le Truck” bus
- Farepiti, Faanui, Anau, Matira
- Marae temples
What we will do
- We travel along the 35 km long coastal road on a colourful ”Le truck” bus, a typical means of transport in Bora Bora.
- We discover the villages of Farepiti, Faanui and Anau, where we observe the mysterious “Marae” up close.
- We stop in Matira to admire the beach and continue towards the palm trees and villages on the coast.
- The Maraes are ancient stone and coral open-air temples that date back to a time where islanders adored Polynesian gods and idols. Nowadays, half of the population is Protestant, but religion still plays a very important part of everyday life.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be guided in French or English, dependent on availability.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.