Angra dos Reis
BARQUENTINE TRIP IN ILHA GRANDE
Nature excursion, Swimming
Ilha Grande, an island that used to give refuge to pirates and slaves, is now a true ecological sanctuary with heavenly scenery, thriving nature and beaches with crystal-clear waters, which we will admire from a typical escuna, combining relaxing moments with the fantastic sensation of being in touch with nature.
What we will see
- Tour on board an escuna
- Lagoa Azul
- Ilha do Ivo Pitanguy
- Praia das Flechas
What we will do
- We will board our escuna, a sort of typical Brazilian barquetine equipped with toilets and a bar service, which will show us amazing beaches while entertaining us with traditional music and fresh fruit.
- When we reach Lagoa Azul, we can admire the beauty of this small bay with its crystal-clear waters, corals, tropical fish and starfish. We will stop for some snorkelling and, with a bit of luck, we might be able to see marvellous sea turtles.
- Back on board, we will enjoy a sightseeing tour of Ilha do Ivo Pitanguy, and Praia das Flechas before heading back to the port.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Portuguese speaking guides only.
- The itinerary may be subject to change depending on weather conditions or for safety reasons.
- To disembark at Lagoa Azul, you need to dive into the water, which is at least 3 metres deep.