THE CHARM OF ILHEUS
Discover Ilheus, the main city on the Cocoa Coast - a combination of marvellous beaches, natural beauty, typical restaurants and places of historical and cultural interest that will remain forever in our memories.
What we will see
- Saint George of Ilhéus Church
- House of Artists
- House of Jorge Amado Foundation
- Bar Vesùvio
- Bataclã Cabaret
- St. Sebastian cathedral
- Ilheus theatre
- Avenida 2 de Julho
- Paranaguá palace
- Chocolate shop
- Wonderful beaches
What we will do
- A coach takes us to see the main historic and tourist places of which we can take a few pictures.
- Once off the coach, we start our walk in the centre of the city. We will admire the late 17th-century Saint George of Ilhéus Church, the House of Artists and the House of Jorge Amado Foundation, a homage to the author who upheld and promoted local culture.
- We then visit two places mentioned in Jorge Amado’s novels - Bar Vesùvio, the city's oldest and most popular bar and restaurant, and Bataclã cabaret.
- We discover the magnificent St. Sebastian cathedral and admire the theatre of Ilheus, Avenida 2 de Julho and Paranaguá palace, built in 1907.
- As the history and economy of this place are based on plantations and the cultivation of cocoa, our excursion continues in a Brazilian chocolate shop.
- Another unique characteristic of this city are the wonderful beaches, which we can admire thanks to a sightseeing tour.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.