Rio de Janeiro
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
Discover the best panoramic viewpoints and the most famous symbols in Rio de Janeiro and all of Brazil. Climb to the top of Corcovado mountain to admire the statue of Christ the Redeemer and climb down through the most evocative neighbourhoods of the city only to climb up again to the top of Sugarloaf mountain and see the city from another perspective.
What we will see
- Cosme Velho
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer
- Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
- Praia Vermelha
- Sugarloaf mountain
What we will do
- After leaving the port behind us, we cross the city centre as far as the Cosme Velho neighbourhood.
- Once at the station, we board the train taking us to the top of Corcovado mountain at the basis of the statue of Christ the Redeemer. In addition to admiring he statue, the most important symbol of Rio de Janeiro, we can enjoy striking views of the city, its beaches and city centre.
- On out train ride down, we take in the beautiful scenery and then reach a typical churrascaria, where we have lunch.
- With our bellies full, we head towards the Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana neighbourhoods as far as Praia Vermelha and the Urca neighbourhood.
- A cable car rides takes us to the top of Sugarloaf mountain. Its fabulous location offers breathtaking views over the city, its famous beaches, Guanabara Bay and the Corcovado with its statue of Christ the Redeemer.
What you need to know
- When busy, train/cable car waiting times may be longer.
- Should the train stations be very busy, transfers may be carried out by coach.
- The panoramic view may be cancelled in the event of adverse weather conditions.