TOUR OF SÃO PAULO (only for guests disembarking here)
Sightseeing, Meal included
An interesting tour exploring the large metropolis of São Paulo, just a few dozen kilometres inland, with its wonderful city parks and monuments that are testament to the history and traditions of the people there.
What we will see
- Rodovia Anchieta/Imigrantes
- São Paulo
- Ibirapuera park and Obelisk
- Morumbi district
- Parque da Independência: visit to the outside of the São Paulo Museum
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Santos and go back up the Serra do Mar mountain chain along Rodovia Anchieta/Imigrantes, a spectacular motorway that winds through a series of viaducts and tunnels, reaching more than 900 metres above sea level at times. This is our route to the capital of the state of the same name and the largest metropolis in Brazil: São Paulo.
- Originally a small village founded in 1554 by Jesuits, it is now considered the biggest city in Latin America with an area of around 1,530 km2.
- We will visit this large metropolis, passing the main points of interest like Ibirapuera Park*_, the green space that lies at the heart of the city and is testament to the attention and love that this country gives to the environment._Inside, we will stop at the Obelisk, the mausoleum and monument in memory of the soldiers that were part of the constitutional revolution of 1932 against the federal government of president at the time, Getúlio Vargas.
- We will cross the Morumbi district, one of the affluent areas in the city, which is home to the hippodrome, Bandeirantes Palace and Morumbi Stadium.
- After lunch we will stop for photos at Parque da Independência, where emperor Pedro I proclaimed the independence of Brazil in 1822.
- Inside the park there is the independence monument and building which was built in 1890 and is now home to the Museu Paulista, a museum that we will see from the outside, and a grand French-style garden.
- After the tour and visit to the park, we will head to the airport.
What you need to know
- Drinks are not included with lunch.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is only available to guests whose flights depart from São Paulo airport after 20:00.