EXPLORING SANTOS AND SÃO VICENTE
Coffee, football and beaches, but also an overview of the main historical monuments: with this excursion we explore three aspects characterising the history and daily life of Brazil, to immerse ourselves fully into its culture.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Santos
- Coffee Exchange
- Salão do Pregão
- Coffee Museum
- Santos Old Town
- Memorial das Conquistas of Santos Futebol Clube
- São Vicente: Biquinha
- Sightseeing tour of the coast
What we will do
- We leave the port for a sightseeing tour of Santos, the main coastal city of the State of São Paulo, passing through some of the main tourist points of the city and the waterfront.
- We stop off at the ancient Coffee Exchange, founded in 1922 to centralise the sale of coffee, of which Brazil is the world's largest producer and exporter.
- Inside, we see the Salão do Pregão, literally the "auction room", where the dealing took place and where there are decorative panels by the artist Benedicto Calixto.
- We then visit the Coffee Museum annex where we have free time to explore the exhibition rooms. Anyone who wants to can enjoy the best coffee in Brazil or purchase the best special blends in the square.
- We continue our tour heading to the historic centre of Santos, home to the Customs House, the Palace of Justice and the Coliseum Theatre, built in the 1920s.
- We conclude the city tour with a stop at the Memorial das Conquistas del Santos Futebol Clube, the team with which the great Pelé started his glorious career. Here we can admire trophies and memorabilia, and a brief history of Pelé's career.
- We then return to the coach and begin a sightseeing tour of the coast, to admire its beautiful beaches lapped by the ocean.
- We arrive at São Vicente, founded in 1532 and considered the first modern Brazilian city.
- We stop to take some photos at Biquinha de Anchieta, a source of fresh drinking water, dating back to 1553, which marks the spot where Father Anchieta baptised the Native Americans.
- We continue our sightseeing tour of the coast, going from the beaches of São Vicente to those of Santos, where we find the garden on the longest promenade in the world. From here, we return to the port.
What you need to know
- Flash photography is not allowed inside the Coffee Exchange and the Memorial das Conquistas in Santos.
- The excursion is only for guests not disembarking in Santos.
- The order of the visits may vary.